Friday, August 31, 2007

Mets Need to Forget it and Move On

I'm over the fact that we got swept by the Phillies in the most crucial series of this season. I'm over the fact that this team fought to tie the game twice and then take the lead only to have the bullpen blow it yet again.

I'm over the fact that the same guys continue to beat us even though we know they are Met killers. I'm over the fact that we had a chance to have an 8 or 9 game lead at the beginning of this series, and now it's a measly two game lead.

I'm over the fact that our biggest game pitcher, El Duque, couldn't last 5 innings in the biggest game of the year. I'm over the fact that the Mets got picked off an unreasonable 4 times this series. I'm over the ever shrinking strike zone of these umpires.

I'm over the fact that Willie Randolph never puts the squeeze play on even when you have one of the fastest guys in baseball on 3rd base. I'm over the fact that we didn't get any bullpen help before the trading deadline.

But, I'm not over the fact that we keep losing. I'm hoping the players and Willie Randolph aren't either.

On to Atlanta.

No comments: