- The Mets scored 4 runs in the early innings off of Chris Young, baseball's ERA leader.
- Chris Young balked by dropping the ball while in the middle of his delivery to the plate.
- Mike DiFelice was asked to drop down a sac bunt.
- Aaron Heilman was able to get out of an inning that started off with runners on the corners and no one out, while Billy Wagner gave up a go ahead run in the 9th.
- Carlos Beltran got a clutch RBI.
- The Padres scored 6 runs while being one of the lowest scoring teams in the National League.
- The Mets came back to win in the 9th off of the greatest closer in baseball history with Milledge, DiFelice and Marlon Anderson leading off the inning.
- David Wright, who has been so good, looked lost at the plate.
- On 3 separate occasions, Mets' pitchers had an 0-2 count only to give up a hit on the next pitch.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Weird Game Last Night
After some pondering I came to the realization that last night's game was really weird. There were a bunch of incidences that strike me as odd. Here's what I observed: