Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Can See the Light

Mets win...Phillies and Braves lose...7 game lead.

And I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. For the better part of three months, I felt like I was hurling through Stanley Kubrick's (one of my favs) space travel sequence in 2001: A Space Odyssey. You know that surreal, 20 minute scene where you're not exactly sure what's going on...you're slightly confused, uncertain about where this bizarre trip is going to take you? Well, finally I'm beginning to feel like this wild trip of a regular season is going to stop with a second straight NL East title. And that feels good. I can only hope this post season is not a sequel from last season.

A rematch with St. Louis would be nice. Nothing like a little vengeance to erase the nightmare.

No comments: