Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where is the Mets' Actober Commercial?

I posted a while ago about how much I like what MLB has done with their new Actober.com commercials starring Dane Cook.

But I now I have a beef with them. I've yet to see a Mets version of the Actober TV spots.

The Yankees have their own spot. The Indians and Brewers have one (although I'm not sure anybody cares). I vaguely remember one centered on the Red Sox. But where is the Mets' commercial?

The Mets would make a perfect commercial. We have more drama than any team I know. A bullpen that tries to lose games for us. A 5th starter that we select by picking names out of a hat. A first baseman who can't hit an inside fastball. A curse in left field that injures anyone who plays there. The ultimate villain in Scott Schoeneweiss. And of course the ultimate dynamic duo in David Wright & Jose Reyes.

Major League Baseball is free to take any of these talking points and use them in a new commercial starring the Mets. I only ask for a few tickets to be thrown my way and perhaps a David Wright autographed jersey.

If you haven't checked it out yet, go visit Actober.com and you'll find some classic baseball playoff moments as well as some pretty creative user generated content.

No comments: