Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another Come From Behind Win

It's great to see the Mets prove they have the ability to come from behind and win ballgames, but I'm really longing for a day when we win 3-0 at this point.

The Mets were down 2-0 and then 3-2 before coming back to beat the Pirates 5-4. I was most impressed with Moises Alou, and not just last night but for the last week. He's showing some power and the ability to hit in the clutch, something that has been seriously lacking this year.

Beltran also swung the bat well. He didn't get a hit every time up, but his swing from the left side of the plate looks very smooth and of course any time he hits a home run is a plus. I would comment on David Wright, but the kid is just plain solid and needs no commentary.

I also have come to think that I wield more power than I know what to do with. For the past week I've been thoroughly trashing Mike DiFelice. So what does he do? He goes 2-4 with an RBI. The same type of thing has happened when I scolded Marlon Anderson and Shawn Green so prepare for many more hideous remarks.

Also I almost passed out last night when I saw Lastings Milledge in the lineup against a right-handed pitcher. Did pigs learn how to fly or is Willie coming around?

1 comment:

bryan said...

Well said. Di Felice is an animal! You need to rip Maine and Perez so they can turn it arount too.