Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mets Bullpen is so Exciting

Did the Mets actually win last night? What started out as a game that should have been won on cruise control turned into an interesting affair. What's with Mets starting pitchers and not being able to handle a 5-0 lead. Glavine struggled with a big lead in Los Angeles and John Maine had a tough time in Pittsburgh. Maine through 100+ pitches in just 4 innings.

The Mets blew the game open in the ninth scoring 5 runs in an offensive explosion. Moises Alou is really swinging the bat well and that power bat is what the Mets have desperately been missing this season. Delgado is also starting to come around, but I have to tell myself that it is Pirates' pitching they are up against.

So with a 10-4 lead I actually started up my Xbox 360 to play a little Madden '08. But as it was starting I saw Aaron Sele come in and give up one run, then 2 runs. I turned off my Xbox in shock and watched as Wagner came in and gave up another run to bring the tying run to the plate.

Man, was it exciting. (sarcasm)

In the end, Wagner got the save. The Mets won. We move on to another day, but where is the comfortable wins we so enjoyed last year. I guess I shouldn't complain. The Mets are on a 3 game win streak and could sweep the Pirates tonight. But this bullpen could cause some issues when September rolls around.

1 comment:

bryan said...

This bull pen is going to break our hearts this season.