Sunday, September 9, 2007

Glavine's Gem

I honestly thought I was going to see the first no-hitter in Mets history on Saturday. Glavine looked stellar through 5 until his no-hit bid was broken up on a single.

The Mets ended up winning the game with Glavine coming out in the 8th, but I have been surprisingly impressed with Glavine since he got his 300th win. He's looked better and better at each start.

I think we didn't realize the weight of "300" and now that it is behind Glavine is back to just pitching. No pressure, just hitting his spots. He looks good enough right now that I'd consider even bringing him back next year for one more go-around.

With Maine struggling and Perez's up and downs it's great to see a veteran like Glavine picking up the slack and winning ball games. It's the first time in a long time that I feel like Glavine wants to be on this team.

No comments: