Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Next Year's Catcher?

It's weird to even think about the roster for next year when the Mets are in the middle of a pennant chase, but Bleed Orange & Blue has made an excellent case for keeping Paul Lo Duca.

He mentions that Lo Duca's numbers are down, but Lo Duca is one of the few that desperately wants to be a Met and is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Even cut his salary (gasp).

I know the Mets are interested in pursuing Pudge Rodriguez or Jorge Posada if either are free agents, but I'm not sure getting either of them is even a remote possibility. The other options left will probably be one of the Molinas or sticking with Castro.

I love Lo Duca's fire and energy and lately he's been getting the job done both at and behind the plate. Check out Bleed Orange & Blue's post to get some details on why Lo Duca should stay a Met.

1 comment:

John Young said...

Negative Dave...It was by me at Shea Nation. I put my posts up on Bleed Orange and Blue and Mets Fever as well. I guess I should start putting the "from Shea Nation" tag up on the post as well.

Oh well, no harm no foul. Just know that posts by me are always from Shea Nation and that SN is just lending a helping hand to the rest.

By the way, I haven't seen any of your posts up on SN lately. Are you still interested in being a part of the Network.

Just wondering what's gong on.