Sunday, September 30, 2007

Win

It’s 9:30 and I am very nervous. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I was this nervous. Last year’s playoffs and even Game 7, I had butterflies but I was also very confident in the team. For obvious reasons, I don’t feel as confident and therefore, my nerves are at peak level. I’m hoping yesterday’s action-packed game was, as Dave posted yesterday, just what the Doctor ordered.

Make no mistake, this is a playoff game. Lose it, and we’ll most likely be hitting the golf courses early. Win it, and you keep hope alive.

I would really like to see the Mets put some runs on the board early today. We play a half hour before the Phillies and it would be nice for them to look up at the scoreboard and see us winning the game. This would put even more pressure on them, and who knows, they may just tighten up a little as it appeared they did yesterday in the 6th inning when they committed two errors that allowed 2 runs. And maybe, just maybe, the baseball Gods have changed their minds.

So go get that “W” today. Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: