Saturday, September 29, 2007

Luis Castillo is Playing His Heart Out


Luis Castillo is really the only Met I saw last night that had some sense of urgency. When he legged out that triple I honestly thought his leg was going to fall off rounding second. The guy is obviously injured, but you haven't heard one peep out of him. He continues to go out there and give it all. You have to really appreciate that kind of effort.

It's sad that there was a point last night when I honestly wanted Ruben Gotay to pinch hit for Jose Reyes. And Jeff Conine. Possibly the worst trading deadline pickup in the last 10 years. Do you realize that could have been Mike Piazza standing at the plate instead of Conine with two runners on and down 3? Yup, coulda, woulda, shoulda. But I do realize that's it been the pitching, not the hitting, that has been the demise of this team.

Two games are left. You lose one, you're done. I know there are situations where we could lose and still be in it, but honestly this team needs to win them both.


I believe in miracles. I hope you do too. But it's going to take a supernatural act for the Mets to make the postseason at this point.

No comments: