Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Waiting on Alou

As far as I’m concerned, Moises Alou cannot return soon enough. This putrid offense is just disgusting to watch and I’m actually bored with it. It’s not that Alou is any kind of powerhouse but he is a prolific RBI guy, and he certainly hits with men on base, which is more than I could say for a few guys on this team. And I’m tired of seeing Lo Duca or Green batting sixth. They don't even have 60 RBIs between them.

Look at it this way, if Alou were playing for another team right now and was available in a trade, he’d be the perfect fit for this team. Add Pedro to the mix in August, and you have yourself the two best acquisitions without actually having to give up anyone.

Unfortunately, Alou’s arrival could signal another departure for Lastings Milledge, who’s played well and exhibits an enthusiasm for the game that the rest of the team lacks (outside of Reyes). My hope is that they stick with Milledge, let him play everyday, and rotate days off between Green and Alou.

But as Dave and I have mentioned a hundred times in this blog, if the big guns do not produce, we will not go anywhere this season.

No comments: