Monday, July 30, 2007

Pedro Declares Himself 100% Healthy

The news coming from Florida is good. Pedro Martinez said today that he will pitch in a game for the St. Lucie Mets on Wednesday. "I don't know how I'm going to be,'' Martinez said. "I just know I feel better than the last two years or so. ... Every time I throw I bounce back really quickly. Right now, I'm 100 percent healthy.''

Pedro said he wants to get back for the Mets and their fans. "I'm a very proud man when it comes to this job,'' Pedro Martinez said today. "And my job is the most serious thing I could probably have right now apart from my family's health and my health. I feel like I owe it to this organization and to the fans.''

I'll believe when I see it and I still have no expectations for his return, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this gets me psyched up. Shea Stadium will be rocking if he returns.

Be well, Pedro. Be well.

No comments: