Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nady's Revenge

Xavier Nady stuck it to the Mets this afternoon with a big hit in the 6th inning. Oliver Perez found himself in trouble after a few infield hits and a throwing error, but he got the next two batters out only to have Nady rip a single off of David Wright's glove which opened the flood gates.

After that Pittsburgh scored a couple in the 7th to secure the win. Tough outing for Perez who was stellar in the first 5 innings retiring 11 in a row at one point.

I hate these kind of games. Not only did you lose to the Pirates, but you lost after 2 dominating nights. I do love the way the Mets are manufacturing runs lately. This scenario in the first inning shows just how much importance Jose Reyes plays in the Mets lineup. The Mets took the leadin the first inning when Reyes led off with a single and stole second. He moved to third on an infield out and scored on a sacrifice fly by Wright. That's beautiful baseball.

But I tip my hat to Nady who I felt really bad for last year, getting trade from a title contender to a bottom feeder. When the Mets traded Mike Cameron for him, I remember thinking, "Who in the world is this Nady guy?" But after watching him play for the Mets and Pirates I have come to really like how he plays. And it might be just me but he seems like a really nice guy off the field too.

Enjoy your moment Xavier Nady. Now the Mets need to start up again with the Nationals tomorrow. No more losses allowed on this home stand.

No comments: