Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mets Trade Rumors: Tadahito Iguchi

Second base has become the latest trade rumors. In this morning's New York Post, Mark Hale writes about the Mets interest in adding a second baseman who could bat second. Tadahito Iguchi appears to be the top choice, but Mets brass is reluctant to part with any of their top prospects.

Other second base options include former Met, Ty Wigginton, or San Fran's Ray Durham.

Personally, I was sad to see Ty Wigginton go a couple years ago, but I'm not sure he's the type of player I'd trade for. At this point I'm ready to stick with Gotay and bring in Anderson Hernandez or Damion Easley as defensive replacements. I'm still pulling for a Mark Loretta deal, but other than that Iguchi, Wigginton & Durham are not guys I'd want to deal prospects for.

So Ruben Gotay, get to Shea early and start practicing some fielding drills and turning double plays. It's your starting spot to lose.

1 comment:

bryan said...

Completely agreed. There is nothing that great available, nothing better than what we have so I say we sit tight, and hold on to our prospects.