Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shea

I just read this article (while streaming the game vs. the Phils) from Phil Taylor of SI about his affinity for Shea Stadium. I've definitely been enjoying all of these stories coming out about our beloved stadium and this one from Taylor is a must read.

Excerpt:

"We've had some times, the two of us (Taylor and Shea). They were not always good times, but they were valuable times, necessary times. I never walked out of Shea Stadium without feeling a little bit tougher, a little bit more like a New Yorker."

By the way, if you haven't had the chance to watch "Shea Goodbye: 45 Years of Amazin'" do yourself a favor and get it. Any Mets Lifer should have this in their video library. I guarantee you, you will be moved by it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic article. I haven't seen Shea Goodbye yet but now I'm going to go out and get it.