Sunday, July 13, 2008

Is Aaron Heilman on Steroids?

Aaron Heilman might be juicing, but I don't care. The guy looks like he's the second coming of Dennis Eckersley out there the last month that it's hard to believe this is the Aaron Heilman of May.

Oh yeah, the Mets just won their 8th in a row, but I'm not sure which is more surprising, the Mets win streak or Aaron Heilman's renaissance.

Could Heilman, like Oliver Perez, feel more comfortable with Warthen & Manuel than he did with Peterson and Randolph? Maybe. Whatever his change is let's just keep it rolling.

Heilman is throwing harder and with more control than I've seen since he first came up with the ballclub. Confidence has to be playing a part in all this, but at this point I have more confidence in Heilman right now than I do in Sanchez or Wagner.

Wow, I've come a long way in the past 2 months.

Big Mike Pelfrey takes the mound tonight with the chance to give the Mets their 9th win in a row. This winning this is great. It makes baseball so much more enjoyable.

No comments: