Thursday, June 21, 2007

Worst Mets Pitchers Ever

On Friday night I'll be taking my wife to her second major league baseball game ever. Her first one was the night the Mets clinched the pennant last year. When I told her that Glavine was pitching, she groaned and remarked on how horrible he is.

Now this is a person who just started watching baseball this year. I tried to explain how historically Glavine is a hall of fame pitcher. He just can't do anything right lately. This got me thinking about all the horrible pitchers the Mets have had over the last 20 years and I was amazed at the mental list I was making. So here are my top 5 worst Mets pitchers ever. Feel free to add to it.

5. Armando Benitez - a.k.a. Mr. Choke
4. Don Aase - Mrs. Choke
3. Jose Lima - Proved how awful he was in just 2 starts
2. Bill Pulsipher - This is more of the disappointment in what could have been.
1. Anthony Young - Congrats! You're in the hall of fame for losing 20 straight games AND you weren't on the 1962 Mets.

If Bobby Bonilla was a pitcher it would have been a close call for #1.

1 comment:

bryan said...

Another great post.

My favorites: Mel Rojas, John Franco,

Jose Mesa was on the Mets?