Monday, June 25, 2007

Payback: Round 2

I will never forget Game 7 of the NLCS, the energy, drama and ultimately the heartbreaking end to what was a tremendously exciting Mets season. I will also never forget the St. Louis Cardinals players, celebrating their victory in the confines of our own building, mocking the original (for Baseball that is) Jose-Jose-Jose chant that has become a staple at Shea.

Therefore, it is incumbent upon this Mets team to continue to apply the beating they so thoroughly delivered to the Cardinals at the start of the season when they swept them in St. Louis. Revenge is sweet and until we get our chance to crush them in the post season, these regular season games will have to suffice. And I hope Willie and boys put forth a relentless attack. I want to see an all out assault starting with Reyes and Gomez tearing up the base paths, ripping bags left and right, scoring runs at will. I want to see Beltran, Wright and Delgado hit lasers into the Cardinals dugout (I mean out of Shea). I want to see Glavine, Perez and El Duque dominate and see a renewed Wagner shut down this got-old-quickly team.

It is time to put the nail in the coffin and extinguish the ’07 Cardinals season. And it all starts tonight. Let the beatings commence!

No comments: