Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Thank You Note To Aaron Heilman

Dear Aaron Heilman-

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for your 8th inning performance on Saturday night. Honestly I had no faith in you. I saw Willie Randolph call you in from the bullpen and I thought the game was over.

You came in with 1 out and the bases loaded and all I could see was a grand slam coming. You love to give up big home runs. I know part of you relishes in it, but you overcame your inner self for the sake of the team.

I think you finally proved to us that you're not cursed. Or if you are cursed you quelled that desire to fail for at least one game. And I want to thank you for it.

You got two huges outs which is slowly restoring my faith in you and allowing me to have supreme bragging rights over all my Phillies fan friends.

Please keep up the good work and again I appreciate your effort, but don't let it stop here.

Sincerely,
Dave
Mets Lifer

No comments: