Friday, September 19, 2008

Sharing the Pain

As Mets Lifers, we've learned for the most part to cope with the pain and suffering that comes with following the New York Mets.

But this year, many a baseball acquaintance has felt a little bit of what it's like to be a Mets Lifer. Here's a comment I received this morning from a Pittsburgh Pirate fan:
"Dude, I'm not a Mets Fan, but I may have to start taking some medication if I keep watching highlights of their bullpen."

Here's another one from an Oakland A's fan:
"I feel for you man. These games cut you to the core."

And one from a baseball fan with no real team affiliation:
"If I were a Mets fan, I'd be on suicide watch every time Aaron Heilman enters the game."

I have an inbox full of quasi-condolence cards from baseball fans who are now starting to realize what a burden it is to be a Mets Lifer.

But in the end, we don't want your pity. We just want victories.

1 comment:

bryan said...

We are the new Cubs.