Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just Once!

Just once. Can this BLOWpen, for one freakin' time, just close out a game? I have never in all my years watching baseball seen such a collection of bad pitchers. Just terrible, sucky pitchers. The more I watch this team, the more remarkable it is that they are so close to a post season birth. 

Unfortunately, this could be the deathblow for them. They have 7 games left against very good teams and a very shaky 1 1/2 game lead in the wild card. Plus, it is impossible for them to win any game that's close simply because of the amateurs in that pen. That puts a lot of pressure on the offense to score on every single opportunity they get. 

I have a bad feeling about this one, a very bad feeling. All I want is to get in the playoffs. At this point, I don't care about the NL East. Just get in. We'll get crunched if we do, (all post season games are close, therefore, it will be impossible to win) but please, just get in.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While the Phillies bullpen continues to have zero blown saves, the Mets can't get one game without a blown save.