Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Payback

Tonight starts a 3 game series with the bottom feeding Padres. This my friends must be payback time.

Sometimes I think the Mets players don't have as long as memory as the Mets Lifers, but this time I think the Padres sweep in San Diego has to be weighing on the players minds. Those 3 games were some of the most painful losses of the season, and we've had a lot of them.

The Mets are short handed and injured. They're on a losing streak and not hitting well with runners in scoring position. So this is the perfect time for some grudges and vengeance to be unleashed on the lowly Padres.

Nothing less than a sweep is acceptable. I don't care who's pitching, who's playing left field and who's hurt. These are 3 games we have to win against possibly the second worst team in the National League.

I want payback.

No comments: