Saturday, August 16, 2008

Anxious Moments

I'm not sure which moment was more anxious: watching Michael Phelps almost lose the 100M butterfly just to win it by a fingernail or seeing Aaron Heilman enter the game in the 9th with a 1 run lead.

Both moments had me reaching for some Rolaids, but both moments worked out in the end.

Jerry Manuel, I assume, was trying to restore confidence in Heilman by allowing him to exorcise the ghosts of Monday when Heilman blew the game against the Pirates in the 9th inning. But don't make too much of Heilman's performance last night. I mean, come on, it's still the Pirates.

3 more games in Pittsburgh this weekend and Monday afternoon. A sweep would be ideal, but even 3 out of 4 is acceptable. If Pedro wins today I have a feeling we'll have a sweep on our hands.

No comments: