As my partner, Bryan, just posted last night's game was incredible, fun to watch, and you got the sense of urgency in the ball club.
Yes the Mets won, but when you look at some of the crazy things that happened last night you would have thought that the Mets should have won big.
Here's what I'm talking about. Last night the following oddities occurred:
1. Luis Castillo homered
2. Reyes homered for the 3rd time in as many days
3. Endy Chavez homered
4. Schoenweiss pitched a scoreless inning
5. Aaron Heilman pitched TWO perfect innings, striking out 4
6. Oliver Perez had magical stuff and struck out 7
7. The Mets bullpen retired 12 consecutive batters
8. The 1 thru 5 batters in the lineup had a combined 9 hits
But yet the Mets' pitching continues to give up the long ball which negates a lot of your offensive effort. Still this was a good win and refreshing to see the Mets come back.
It's sad that it was the first comeback win when the Mets were losing after the 8th inning, but hopefully this team doesn't need to comeback that often.
Bring on Torre's Dodgers.