Friday, May 23, 2008

Hernandez the Next Manager of the Mets?

Mike Francessa just said on his show that he asked Keith Hernandez point blank last week at Yankees Stadium if he was offered the Mets job would he take it, and Hernandez said, "Yes." 

I don't know about you, but I would love to see Keith take over this club. You know he'd light a fire under this club and that's exactly what they need. 

Wilpons, Omar, if you're reading this (and I know you are), call Hernandez. Make the fans happy. 

2 comments:

The Adjunct Professor said...

That's an interesting idea. I don't know that I beleive he is the answer to the current problems but it would sure shake things up a bit.

Unknown said...

I'm all for this! Listening to Hernandez on SNY makes me feel like he knows more about the in's and out's of baseball than Willie. He'd be an asset to Wright & Reyes.