Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sure Way to Stop a Winning Streak: A Mets Doubleheader

I hate doubleheaders.

I haven't found this stat yet, but I'd venture that the Mets are one of the worst teams in baseball when playing a doubleheader. It seems like the best outcome is a split, and I can't remember the last time the Mets swept a doubleheader.

The good news is Johan Santana is on the mound for one game. The bad news is the single A Mets will be playing in the other game. Expect an Angel Berroa and Jeremy Reed sighting in that one.

The Mets are riding high coming off a 4 game win streak and I hate to see a doubleheader stand in the way. I honestly think that if the Mets played last night with Santana on the mound we would have a shot at sweeping the Rockies.

Now I'm not so confident, but I'm still hopeful.

No comments: