Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Send Down Oliver Perez?

There was a debate going during last night's broadcast as to whom the Mets should send down once Pedro Martinez returns tonight?

I think Oliver Perez answered the question in last night's first inning.

Perez proved why he was a "throw in" with Roberto Hernandez back in the 2006 Xavier Nady trade. While Perez has had some great stuff last year, he's fallen back into troubled times this year.

I just read this morning that's he given up 43 runs in 60 innings pitched. I like this guy, and I really want him to do well, but I think he needs to see a psychiatrist.

Rick Peterson isn't getting through to him. Maybe he'll become another Rick Ankiel in a few years. I don't know what to do with Perez, but if the Mets sent him down instead to work on some pitches I couldn't blame them.

1 comment:

bryan said...

I was thinking the same thing when they were