Sunday, June 29, 2008

Perez Can Pitch When He Feels Like It

Man did Perez look good today or what? I posted previously that he owns the Yankees and Braves, and he didn't make a liar out of me.

There were some comments during the game about Perez changing where he stood on the mound that really helped out his mechanics.

Yeah, I'm sure that is the only problem with Perez. Send him to a shrink and then maybe we'll see some consistent improvement. In any case I'll take the results of today's game. Perez struck out 8 and went a full 7 innings giving up no runs and miracle of miracles walked no one. You read correctly. No walks.

Now tell me you didn't get nervous in the 7th when Betimit homered and then Reyes made an error to bring the tying run to the plate. I was waiting for home run to left, but amazingly it didn't come.

Today was Perez's day, but it's the first time in like 8 outings that he's had this kind of control. He's still unreliable and unpredictable, but when he's on his game he can be an outstanding pitcher.

He had to be great on a day where the Mets were relying on bases loaded infield singles to score runs.

No comments: