Thursday, June 19, 2008

Comeback Win and David Wright

I must say I am shocked the Mets won last night. After Oliver Perez gave up 3 runs in the 5th I figured it was over.

I mean the Mets are great at scoring runs early. It feels like they've scored in the first or second inning for their last 6 games, but it's those runs in the clutch that have been lacking.

Enter David Wright.

Oh, David, David, David. Where have you been? It's so nice to see you again. David Wright has been atrocious for over a month now. I can't name a single clutch RBI that Wright has gotten since early May. Well, he certainly picked a good game to get going again. Wright went 2 for 5 with 2 RBI and the biggest one came in the top of the 9th to tie up the game.

I could go on about Jose Reyes' performance of late, but I'm going to save that for another post.

Damion Easley likes to get big RBI on the road doesn't he? I feel like he's a road guy. Doesn't do much at Shea but on the road he plays a bit better.

Big series win for the Mets. Not a series I expected them to win and a much deserved off day today. If we can take 2 of 3 from Colorado, this would be a huge week for the Mets and get people to start saying, "Willie who?"

1 comment:

bryan said...

GREAT POST. HUGE HIT FINALLY FOR D WRIGHT.