Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Most Depressing Fact About the 2012 Mets

I'm such a downer. Sorry. It's just that type of week. With yet another down by a run-bullpen gives up more runs-almost come back-but don't type of game, I'm spent. I'm sitting there in a comatose state after the game with SNY on in the background when all of a sudden I find a way to get even more irate.

Chris Carlin states the following: through 91 games the 2012 Mets have the same exact record as the 2011 Mets.

Ugh.

This year just felt so much more promising. The youth. The starting pitching. The comebacks. But all it takes is an extended losing streak to snap you back to reality.

I don't want to believe this Mets team has teased us for the first 4 months of the season. I want to believe this team can make things interesting come September. I realize it's still relatively early and there's time to get back in the fight. But it sure doesn't feel like it.

No comments: