Monday, April 7, 2008

Why is Benny Agbayani Sitting on my Desk?

File this one into the "posts I never thought I'd write" category.

So my dad just got back from a week long business trip in Japan, and while he was there I asked him to pick me up some sort of sports memorabilia that had Japanese writing on it. I thought it would be kind of cool to have a baseball shirt with some Japanese writing.

Lo and behold there's a popular baseball team over there called the Chiba Lotte Marines. And guess who's one of their star players? Former Met Benny Agbayani. So here on my desk at work there is an autographed photo of Benny Agbayani.

I can't stop laughing at it. And the best part is the manager of the Chiba Lotte Marines is none other than Bobby Valentine. Of course.

The best part is I've already had someone come in and comment on the photo. They asked "Isn't Benny Agbayani your generations Bobby Bonilla?"

I had to laugh at that. Unfortunately I remember Bonilla as a Met as well.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Having him sit on your desk is always better than having him sit on strike three, which he was awfully good at back then.

Thanks again for the B&C love. Will be reciprocating soon.

Brad
www.bugsandcranks.com

bryan said...

Hey, Benny did hit a huge walk off HR in the playoffs against the Giants.

Benny and the Mets!