Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Link: The 10 Best Things About Being a New York Mets Fan

This is such a great post. Yankees fans will read it and mock, but really that shouldn't bother Mets fans.

The timing of this post is great because just last night I went to a Yankees game for the first time in about a dozen years. It was with some people at work so not a game I would choose to go to or pay money for. That being said I figured I'd be able to get into the game and admire the winning ways of this year's Yankees team. Not so. The more I watched the more I found myself disliking the team. There was no underdog to root for. No story line. No anticipation of what was to come. A couple of home runs later the Yanks won without breaking a sweat.

It's easy to be a Yankees fan. I take nothing away from the people that are avid Yankees fans. They should enjoy their team, but it takes a very special person to be a Mets fan through thick and thin. There's hope, there's uncertainty and always plenty of drama. It's like watching a sports soap opera and you're just waiting for one story line to end happily instead of tragically.

The only thing missing from the list that I would add would be Mets fans on Twitter. Following the Twitter timeline during a game is therapy, comedy and camaraderie all rolled into one. Without a doubt, Mets fans are some of the wittiest people out there.

Check out the list at the link below and use it to appease your tragic thoughts for this year's team:
The 10 Best Things About Being a New York Mets Fan | Bleacher Report | Bleacher Report:

No comments: