Friday, March 14, 2008

Would the Mets Get Barry Bonds?

As I sit here in the luxurious Memphis airport (insert sarcasm, here), reading my ESPN the magazine, the craziest of crazy thoughts crossed my mind. Would the Mets actually go get Barry Bonds?

Nah, that's crazy. Right?

Yes, it is, but don't put it past a desperate Omar Minaya. The closer it gets to opening day and the more we see that Moises Alou might be out a really long time, and the more we see that our lineup lacks power will force Minaya to look for some help.

The idea of getting Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs Crisp for Endy Chavez is ludicrous, but signing Barroid Bonds might not be. He plays left field. Draws a ton of walks. Oh and by the way happens to hit a lot of home runs.

I personally wouldn't touch Bonds with a ten foot pole, but don't tell me that the thought hasn't crossed Minaya's mind. The media circus would be insane if Bonds played in New York.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I do think the Mets need another solid power bat this year to be a contender. That is unless Delgado has a renaissance year and Ryan Church turns into Pat Burrell. Then we'd be ok.

Wow, an entire post about the Mets issues and not a single mention of pitching. Unreal.

1 comment:

bryan said...

i will boycott the team if they put bonds in a mets uniform.