Saturday, September 22, 2007

Healthy Dose of Friday Night Lights

What a relief to see the Mets win. Well I sort of saw it. Down 3-0 I felt myself getting agitated. Much like Bryan just posted, I needed something to help take the edge off.

So I went out and got a copy of Friday Night Lights first season on DVD. Popped it in the DVD player and threw the Mets game on picture in picture from time to time while having ESPN's Gamecast on the laptop in front of me.

Thankfully the entire night was an enjoyable experience. Pedro pitched well. The Mets won even though they scared the living daylights out of me in the 8th inning when the Marlins cut it to 9-6 and I saw Scott Blowenweiss come in the 9th. And I got to watch what is probably the best TV show ever involving sports (still annoyed with Lila Garrity).

I'm planning on continuing this process through the weekend series with the Marlins. It seems to work, as long as the Mets win.

No comments: