Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trying to Stay Positive as a Mets Fan









I've noticed this blog has become a cauldron of negativity just spewing pain, venom and angst towards my beloved Mets. Wednesday nights debacle against the Pirates had me ready to tare into this team with twice the anguish as my last post. I hate this. I like to think I'm a positive guy, but the Mets just make you want to go on a rant to let out the poison.

Serenity now. Serenity now.

So I'm going to stay positive. Here are all the positive things that happened in this 9-3 bludgeoning by the Pirates:
  • The Mets actually hit a home run for the first time in a century. Thank you Justin Turner
  • Chris Capuano pitched well...for almost 7 innings
  • No errors
  • No Bobby Parnell
  • The bullpen didn't blow a lead late
  • Daniel Murphy had another multi-hit game
  • Ruben Tejada drove in more RBI in one game than Jason Bay has home runs
  • No one else was put on the DL
  • At least Chin Lun Hu wasn't playing
  • Tomorrow Jose Reyes returns!
  • It's looking like we don't have to worry about a collapse! Whew!

No comments: