Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Mets Managerial Final Four

So it's down to Backman, Hale, Melvin, and Collins.

Yawn.....

Are you excited about any of these options or are we just waiting for this phase to pass so we can get back to baseball? While I like the idea of Wally Backman being manager, only because he's a fan favorite from the glory days of '86, he's not exactly the manager that immediately brings you into the competitive mix.

The other guys, Hale, Melvin & Collins, are giving me flashbacks of the Art Howe days. Vanilla. I'm not sure if it's that I'm jaded, but the Mets choosing a new manager just doesn't excite me. I want a new manager. I know the Mets need a new manager. I know that this hiring will dictate the course the Mets take over the next several seasons, but it's not getting my baseball juices flowing.

But maybe that's just the way Mets baseball is or will be next year? I have a feeling I'm not the only one to feel this way.