Friday, August 28, 2009

Worst Mets Lineup Scores 10, Shows Clutch

The Mets just enjoy messing with me.

Just a few short hours after I declared Thursday's Mets lineup as potentially one of the worst lineups I've seen in my 30 year existence, that same lineup goes out and puts up a 10 spot on the Marlins.

Sure even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, but this Mets lineup scored 9 of their 10 runs with 2 outs.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yup.I couldn't believe it either and in fact I didn't even realize until a comment was made about it this morning on WFAN. Tatis didn't even hit into a double play if you can believe that.

Maybe it was pent up anger or the stars aligned or whatever, but the key is the Mets finally won a game and Tim Redding looks like a guy who's pitching for his life. I like that. Only took him 6 months to do it, but what position are we in to be picky?

An afternoon delight at Wrigley today at 2 pm.

No comments: