Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mets Bullpen Glory Days Were Back Again

The power went out in my town last night around the 5th inning. About the same time the Mets pitching lost its power too.

Inbetween getting the kids calmed down and back to sleep, I was able to watch the Mets bullpen dismantle on my BlackBerry. A painful way to spend an evening, I know.

But it did bring me back to the glory days of 2007 & 2008, when every other day I knew could have a blog post with the words BLOWpen or BLOWenweiss in it. Ah yes, the glory days of the Mets bullpen.

Now these things are bound to happen even to the best of teams. Mariano Rivera even had a blown save already this year. I don't expect it to be a regular occurence for the Mets though. This teams bullpen is much improved and I think hope pray that it's just one of those rare things that happens to a team every once in a while.

Day game today with the savior of the pitching staff on the mound.

No comments: