Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If Two Reyes' Are Good, Three Are Better

The Mets just signed former Tampa Bay Devil Ray (yes, they'll always be Devil Rays to me) closer, Al Reyes. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Reyes is far from being a saviour, but here's a guy who's down on his luck and a new situation might turn him around. Reyes had 26 saves last year for the Rays, but was only 2-2 with a 4.37 ERA this season.

Now I know absolutely nothing about Al Reyes other than his stat line on ESPN.com, but this goes back to my philosophy of anything has to be better than our current bullpen. I've had about 6 or more conversations today with people asking "who should be the closer?" And you know what? I couldn't answer that question with a straight face.

Reyes (not Jose, not Argenis, but Al) will more than likely slide into that closer role to see how he fares. A good move Omar. I guess it's better late than never.

No comments: