Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Mets Owe Mike Pelfrey An Apology

I'm apologizing on behalf of the pitiful Mets lineup. Mike Pelfrey, I'm sorry you had to pitch a gem of a performance and have nothing to show for it.

Pelfrey pitched possibly the game of his life and didn't give up a hit until the 7th inning. He gave up one run on three hits and his team couldn't even scratch out a run against the Nationals!

The Mets cannot expect performance like this from Pelfrey, so they MUST, I repeat, MUST capitalize on these opportunities. The same goes for Claudio Vargas last night.

Usually the Subway Series is a fun weekend of baseball, but this game just puts me in a foul mood for the weekend. You drop 3 games to the Nationals? I don't want to hear another radio host, Mets manager, coach or player complain about the Mets fans booing them.

You deserve it. Start showing us that you don't. We'll come around, but I guarantee it's going to take some convincing.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I started booing at 8 this morning. I may be 150 miles away, but they can hear me...