Monday, October 1, 2007

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger (And More Angry)

I've been talking with fellow Mets Lifers all day. We're sharing battle scars and condolences. Even non-Mets fans are expressing their concern for me, offering a shoulder to cry on or a simple hug.

But then there are those who you just want to punch in the face. The annoying Yankee fan who comes in and says, "You were talking about the Mets all year and now look what happened. Mets stink." Now this is from a person who hasn't watched a full Yankees game all year except for games they went to. This is also a person who wanted them to lose earlier in the year just to spite A-Rod. This is also a person whom I hardly discuss baseball with so it's not like I've been rubbing in their face that the Mets were having a good year.

Then there's the annoying Phillies' fan who emails me "Why are you disappointed? Just keep watching those Mets in October . . . ohhhhhhhhhh, wait. oh, sorry 'bout that." I can't even reply to that.

I'm sure we'll all face more of this in the coming days/weeks/months/years. Just know that there are millions of others out there going through the same torture.

No comments: