Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mets Pull a Berzerker Barrage on Tigers

I can't remember the last time I saw an offensive onslaught like the Mets put on last night. It seemed that every time the 1-4 batters got up, I was totally confident there was going to be another hit. The Mets hit with no one on. The Mets hit with runners in scoring position. It was a berzerker barrage of hits. Those who have ever played Marvel vs. Capcom know what I'm talking about.

This was a great game to back home to. Mets had lost 2 out of 3 to the Yanks but came out to show that it was merely a blip on the radar. When the Mets are at home, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Speaking of forces, Angel Pagan is about to force Carlos Beltran into obscurity. Pagan flirted with a cycle last night when just hours before he was being peppered with questions about Beltran's return to center field in a few weeks. If I was Pagan I would have responded, "Carlos who?"

This team is rolling right now from the batting perspective, but the pitching will need to continue to improve to effect this team's playoff chanes.