Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Link: An Ode to Kiner

Brad Bortone over at Bugs and Cranks, who is as witty a blogger as you'll find online, has put together a fantastic post highlighting the genius of Ralph Kiner and what we've come to know as "Kinerisms."

Pretty much every Met fan that has grown up watching the Mets has listened to Kiner call a game at one time or another. He's been old for the last 30 years, but there's something endearing about the guy. I remember as a kid asking my dad who on earth this crazy guy was calling games with that other really obnoxious guy (a.k.a. Tim McCarver).

It wasn't until I knew more about baseball that I realized that this is one of the games greatest players who had the unfortunate luck of being stuck on some of the worst teams in history.

In any case, you have to read Brad's post over on Bugs and Cranks and I guarantee you it will take you back to some of those Kiner classic moments.

No comments: