Monday, October 1, 2007

Black Monday

This is Black Monday. Here's why. As Mets fans we have to go into work today and deal with the Yankees fans. Sure they made the playoffs and we committed the biggest choke job in sports history, but you'd think Yankees' fans would have some decency and let us wallow in our misery. But no.

Also every major sports outlet today is talking about the collapse. We'll here about what games they should have won, but didn't. Who need to go. What needs to be added. We won't be able to suffer in peace.

But the worst part is if your a Mets Lifer is that postseason baseball is on, and you won't be watching because you know our beloved Mets should be playing. I have to go on a business trip where people will want to go out and watch the games after meetings, but I don't think I want anything to do with postseason baseball this year.

You see I'm already thinking about 2008. It's sad, I know. But it's how I deal.

One thing that makes me happy is the fact that Tom Glavine might be pitching for the Braves next year. Oh baby. Can you say revenge?

No comments: