Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Best Trade This Offseason

The Mets recently traded Guillermo Mota to the Brewers for catcher Johnny Estrada.

Suckers.

Did the Brewers even see Mota pitch? Are they that desperate to get rid of Estrada that they'd take Mr. Mota? Does Estrada have cholera?

This is the classic example of addition by subtraction. Even if Estrada doesn't play a single game for the Mets this was precisely the move Omar needed to make.

It eliminates the temptation for Willie Randolph to continue to go to "his guy" in the bullpen during key situations. No more Mota. Those are three words I love to utter.

Estrada is a decent catcher offensively, but is not so great defensively. Still he's younger than Lo Duca and has more pop than him too. I'm still thinking we'll never see Estrada in a Mets uniform because he'll be used as a piece of some kind of larger trade. Omar still wants Ramon Hernandez if you ask me.

Besides I wouldn't mind Estrada and Castro in a platoon. Just go get some top pitching.

1 comment:

MLB News and Info said...

I wrote a similar article in my blog, and i have to agree with you. Mota sucks.