Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inaugural Season Patch: Typical Mets Fashion

In 1962, the Mets were called the "lovable losers." The team has been hard pressed to shake that stereotype during its years in the majors, but often times the team has brought this on themselves. Let's see there's the home run apple that people like to make fun of, there's the song contest last year that got Rickrolled, and I could go on but I'll spare myself the pain.

So now comes the Citi Field inauguration patch debacle. First of all, I'm a marketer and this patch by itself is one of the worst designed things I've ever seen. My 4 year old could have designed this, let alone the fact that it looks like the Domino's logo.

The Mets should be embarassed about this. It's cheesy, ugly and screams of typical New York Mets style. Nonetheless, I still cheer for them. But just once I'd like to see a first class effort from this team.

Here's an article making a mockery of the inaugural patch for your reading enjoyment.

2 comments:

metgirl4ever said...

Man, you know it's bad when non-baseball fans are emailing me that yahoo article. I get it - it's lame as hell. They don't have to rub it in.

bryan said...

great comparison. at least the domino's logo makes sense.

you hsould have a contest to see who could come up with the best logo.