Monday, December 29, 2008

Mets Lifer, Volume 1: Collapse

This Christmas I had the idea that I wanted to give my dad, who's a big fan of Mets Lifer, something blog/Mets related. The result of that idea is a book version of Mets Lifer that covers all the posts of the 2007 season and is aptly titled Mets Lifer, Volume 1: Collapse.

As I was compiling the posts for print I found it surprising and enlightening to review what took place over the 2007 season because some events and some feelings that were captured in those posts surprised me as a I look at them with the past season in perspective.

One of the biggest surprises was how intense Luis Castillo played those last two months of the 2007 season when others were not pulling their weight. To no surprise the bullpen was just as atrocious in '07 as they were in '08.

Right now I'm compiling the posts of the 2008 season to create another book which will be titled, Mets Lifer, Volume 2: Deja Vu. I've found the reliving of the past two seasons has been somewhat therapeautic and it gives me hope for 2009. However, I felt the same way after 2007 so I guess we never know until September ends.

For more details on Mets Lifer, Volume 1: Collapse or to buy a copy, click here.

No comments: