Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Are We There Yet? Awaiting the End of Another Mets Season

Are we there yet? Someone please tell me we're almost done with this Mets season. Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get worse, it does. I don't know why anyone goes to Citi Field these days as the Mets can't seem to ever win a game there.

I just want this season to be over.

Football has my attention. I'll do anything to distract me from this Mets baseball season. Yet I still find myself checking the score, watching an inning or two, and of course getting irate and frustrated at what I see.

Let's just stop. Only play games where Dickey starts so that he can get the 20 wins and Cy Young award he deserves. I don't want to see the kids play because I've been watching them play for most of this year.

For Mets fans, the off season is the highlight of the year. It's where hope lives and possibilities are endless. Let's move on to whether the Mets will sign David Wright. Will they trade Duda, Murphy or Davis? Can they sign an Upton brother? What on earth will they do about the bullpen? Will Terry Collins really be back?

Those are the important questions. Those are the things we're concerned about. Not seeing Bay strikeout again with the bases loaded. Not watch Duda lumber around in left field. Not see Valdespin swing and miss at balls out of the strike zone. None of that matters.

The young arms are nice to see, but all they can do is ruin their chances because when spring training comes around no one really remembers the 3 scoreless innings in relief when the Mets lost 6 out of 7. But they will remember you giving up 6 runs in 3 1/3 innings.

It's a sad commentary. Frankly any commentary on the Mets of late is sad so let's just stop. Get Dickey his Cy Young and pack it in. It's time for us disappointment addicts to move on.


No comments: