Monday, March 29, 2010

Give Me Some Opening Day

I tried to watch a Mets spring training game on Saturday afternoon, but I just couldn't do it. I don't care about these backups. I want to see Reyes, Wright and Bay out there every day.

I'm done with the speculation about Ollie P, Pelfrey and Maine. I want to see what they've got (or lack) in real game situations. I'm psyched about baseball being back. I have no high hopes for the Mets this season, but it's baseball and on opening day everybody is in first place.

I'm curious to see what Angel Pagan can do as a starting center fielder. I'm excited about Jason Bay because in MLB 2K10 on Xbox the guy is a monster at the plate. I want to see that Santana changeup. I want Mejia in the 8th (pretty please!). I'm looking for Frenchie to gun a guy down at the plate in the first week of the season. And I want to see Reyes dancing at the top step of the dugout after a David Wright home run (hopefully there's one before Memorial Day).

Baseball is the rare sport that is on almost every day for six months out of the year. My bracket is busted. 70 degree weather is on the horizon. Easter weekend is coming. It's time to start some baseball.

One more week.

1 comment:

Ed Leyro (and Joey Beartran) said...

I'll be at Citi Field on Sunday for the workouts and Monday for Opening Day. The weather is going to be beautiful. It's beginning to smell like baseball, isn't it?

Play ball!