But as of October 29, 2008, with the current roster the Mets have in place, here's the Mets Lifer proposed starting lineup:
- Reyes, SS - duh
- Murphy, 2B - He hits better than Castillo and Easley. He can cover as much ground as Castillo. He can take 2 strikes as well as Castillo. So why not start him?
- Wright, 3B - make sense
- Beltran, CF - I like him at cleanup, but I can easily be convinced that he should bat 2nd.
- Delgado, 1B - See if he starts off as slow as last year before you move him down
- Church, RF - If he stays healthy, I'd love to see if he can start off the season like he did last year
- Tatis, LF - Comeback player of the year deserves a chance to prove he's not a one-hit wonder
- Schneider, C - There'll be a lot of talk about improving at catcher this offseason. Um, wasn't that what Minaya convinced us he was doing when he traded for Schneider last year?